After exhibiting at the Interiors UK Show 2013 this week, we've been looking into the trends for furniture this year.
See Daro on Pinterest for more photos and ideas:
- Purple will be the new colour for Spring, stick to light versions for now and move to deep aubergine for Autumn / Winter.
- Vogue reported that White was all over the Spring / Summer catwalks, Prada, Valentino and Stella McCartney all sent models down head to toe in clean, crisp whites. White is a fantastic colour for furniture as accessories can be changed and they will guarantee to match!
- Duck Egg Blue will feature heavily in Spring, it makes a great Coastal look and the colour will bring out the light elements of a room, making it appear brighter.
- Finally, Yellow patterns feature heavily in new designs this year, most prominently in cushions and wallpaper
- The natural, dishevelled look will continue into 2013, with materials matching the organic feel as the trend continues for people to re-paint their current furniture. If you do choose to re-paint, ensure you prepare the furniture well by stripping or sanding and using a good quality paint to get the best result.
- Drawers featured heavily at the Interiors show this year and any item can being made into storage, from chairs to staircases!
- The Vintage look is here to stay, old suitcases made from leather or Rattan could be seen at many stands at the Interiors UK show, they make useful storage or can be stacked up as a feature piece.
- Materials have been inspired by nature and forestry; natural materials remain popular with Wood and Rattan continuing to be popular choices. Fabric design has also been influenced as flowered and leaved patterns remain popular.
- Quality will be key for 2013. Consumers have opted for cheaper alternatives since the recession began and now have a better idea about what is available in the market. Most have realised that quality is the most important factor when purchasing household items and will search for harder to find long lasting items.